4th Bn 39th Infantry
Welcome to the 4/39th!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

4th Bn 39th Infantry
Welcome to the 4/39th!
4th Bn 39th Infantry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application - Relnor

2 posters

Go down

Application - Relnor Empty Application - Relnor

Post  Relnor March 13th 2013, 17:33

In game Name: Relnor

Age (Must be 14+ ): 21

Experiance with Arma(1,2,OA,BAF,PMC)?:
I've been playing Bohemia's games since OFP back in 2001. So I've spent a good deal of time on each version of ARMA they've made so far basically. However, most of my time with the games has been in Single Player, with user made missions aswell as with the Editor itself, which I've always found lots of fun.
I've mostly shied away from Multiplayer because of the time commitments involved. The most time I've spent in Multiplayer has probably been with DayZ, where I was alone more often than not. However, I know that when I played with other people, I 've had more fun than in most games. This, and later on along with ARMA 3's Alpha Launch, prompted me to look for someone with which to play the game in the way it was meant to be played more regularly.

What do you expect from the group?:
I don't like expecting things, that's far too unpredictable. Suffice it to say that I've stalked around your forums and read enough things around here to create for myself a reasonable assumption ( rather than an expectation ) that this group would be someone I'd want to play with.

What are your Hobbies?: Most of all, gaming. I've been playing video games for as long as I can remember, and I indulge in, more or less, all genres. I play arcadey shooters, I play "serious" shooters. I play arcadey RTS, "serious" RTS. RPGs, old and new. I also dabble into Roguelikes ( Dwarf Fortress o/ ) and to some extent adventure games, although I'm atrocious at puzzles. I've also played most of the modern MMOs on the market.

Outside of the realm of gaming, I'm quite the fan of astronomy ( this program I've recently found would be a gorgeous example of why, if you're interested: <coudnt post a link> Look up Space Engine. PS: may cause nihilophobia )

I also enjoy history and psychology, aswell as languages. I am in fact an English-Japanese student in my 3rd year of college - that being said, I'm awful at Japanese =p

Are you willing to download ACE (And ACRE in the near future) ?:
(We will give a simple tutorial, its not hard)
I am already familliar with ACE ( but not with ACRE ), in the sense that I downloaded and after smashing my face against the desk a few times I managed to make it work and I then spent awhile trying out various things on the Editor. I never actually played with it in Multiplayer though.

I've already started reinstalling it before making this Application. I -SHOULD- have it fully functional relatively soon ( oh what I wouldn't give for ARMA 3 to have Steam Workshop~)

Do you mind strong language?:
I do not use strong language myself, but neither do I care if anyone else does. Although in my opinion people should generally refrain from using it AT someone else - that being said, it doesn't really bother me.

Are you comfortable with some training?:
In fact, I think training could be fun. Heavens know I'd need it. Sure, I'm comfortable with the ARMA controls ( although I''m relatively clueless about the ACE functionality, it has been atleast an year since I tested it out ), and yes, I know how to hide and take cover, but I haven't played as part of an actual human unit before, so that would be an interesting learning experience for me.

Where are you from?:
Bucharest, Romania.

What infantry class are you best with?:
Hard to say really, I wouldn't say I'm particularly awesome with a specific class =p - I assume you're trying to get people to say which class they like the most ? Personally, I love the idea of supportive classes, such as a Medic, for example. But I really have no problem with just having a rifle to shoot at things and nothing else, the experience of being part of a group is more important to me than what gun I'm carrying or what vehicle I'm in.

That being said, some diversity is always cool

Do you have steam? "If so, please add your steam name":
Relnor. - I've already added and spoken to Kabato7 once.

Do you have a Mic? (not required):
I do not. I understand this can be an inconvinience, but, the main reason for this is that, my PC is in the living room, and.. I don't exactly live on my own =P - Shouting stuff into the mic is probably not ideal for the other people, ESPECIALLY if it's 4 AM Very Happy

I do understand that this would probably keep me out of any leadership positions and perhaps out of certain roles that need to relay alot of info, and I'm OK with that.

That being said, years and years of playing MMOs has turned me into quite a fast typer, plus ARMA has some quick voice commands too, so it wouldn't mean I'd find it impossible to communicate.

Also, if this application's lenght is any indication, you might consider that keeping me limited to just text will probably get me to SHUT UP sometimes Very Happy

(With the release of Arma3Alpha, we will be jointing from ARMA2 and ARMA3 - The following is to touch up on your standing with the games)

Do you have ARMA 3 Alpha?:
Yes, and in my opinion it's already a better game than ARMA 2 is. Having played with it and coming back now to ARMA 2 to set ACE and such up, it feels considerably more wonky than ARMA 3's controls.

Have you had any experience with ARMA 3?:
Steam tells me I've spent 19 hours on ARMA 3 so far, I was probably AFK during some of that time, but I'm already getting comfortable with the somewhat modified controls - mostly the stance adjustment system, which I find quite cool. I dabbled a bit into Multiplayer too, but public servers are a serious mess, so not too much experience in that area. As with previous ARMAs, I spent most of my time in the Editor.

Are you prepared to undergo our new training set for ARMA 3?:
Ofcourse. As I mentioned in the other training-related question, I find training fun, heavens know I can get better at the game, and working with other actual people for once should be nice.

Have you trained with us / another group in the past?:
As I mentioned before, I have not played in an organized fashion in an ARMA game before. That being said, I am an (ex)raider in World of Warcraft who's raided at a relatively hardcore level, while the two games certainly cannot be compared, the level of organization needed to execute your objectives as a group is quite familliar.

Anything you'd like to tell us?:
I apologise to whatever officer has to read through my giant rant; Sorry for all the words =p

Relnor
PV1
PV1

439th Reputation : 20438

Back to top Go down

Application - Relnor Empty Re: Application - Relnor

Post  Kabato7 March 13th 2013, 19:26

no apologies necessary for the lengthy application Smile I don't mind seeing someone who took the time to fill out the application in full detail in the least! Very Happy I usually try to keep the responses short and full on info, and that usually means a quick copy&paste, but I feel you should know theres no worries on the inexperience or lack of a mic or things of that sort. -We'll work around it Smile
That being said:
Welcome to the group! We have a trial period of about a week for new guys, and at the end of that, you will be evaluated by the officers and I, and if you do well, youll be added as a full member. Fridays are great for gaming with us, but we game all the time. Check out our TeamSpeak channel in the AWG server - TS IP = awg.ts3.nfoservers.com - If you dont have teamspeak, its a good idea to go and download it. Its small, free, and very easy to use.

Happy gaming!!
-Kevin
Kabato7
Kabato7
*Lt. Colonel*
*Lt. Colonel*

439th Reputation : 22480

https://439th.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down